- During the 1983 World Grand Prix season, Honda took the championship with the NS500 but it was clear that the power from the 2-stroke V3 engine would be insufficient for the next season.
- This led Honda to create the NSR500, which was powered by a more powerful V4 engine.
- It also featured a unique aluminum frame to house the engine and a radical layout in which the expansion chambers and the fuel tank were positioned above and below the engine respectively.
- The 1984 season was challenging but the following season saw the NSR500 demonstrate its excellent performance to win the championship.
- The Tamiya 1/12 model kit faithfully brings all the details of this famous GP bike to hobbyists around the world.
- 1/12 scale plastic assembly kit model.
- Length: 166mm, Width: 52mm.
- Model depicts the early version of the NSR500 which won the 1984 Italian GP.
- Realistically rendered aluminum frame and fuel tank
- Vinyl tubing included to depict fuel pipes and wirings.
- Screws enable detachment of front cowling, expansion chamber cover, and seat cowling even after assembly to showcase internal details.
- Highly detailed Pro-Link Rear suspension is movable thanks to the coil spring included in the kit.
- Swing arm features truss details.
- Package includes:
- 1 x Racing stand
- 1 x Model kit
- 1 x English assembly guide
Dimensions: 7.87 in x 3.94 in x 2.36 in (20.0 cm x 10.0 cm x 6.0 cm)
Weight: 15.87 oz (450 g)